news culture While waiting for Hogwarts Legacy, discover the daily life of a Hogwarts student!
To share :
Can’t wait to play Hogwarts Legacy? Meanwhile, (re)discover the daily life of a wizard at Hogwarts.
Last month, we told you about the construction of Hogwarts, made possible by the hands of four aspiring wizards who would give their names to the famous houses. A long paper detailing the history of the Founding Fathers and the split with Salazar Slytherin, which can serve as a preface to this article, this time is devoted to telling you about the daily life of a Hogwarts student.
Phase 1: From Registration to Delivery
First thing to know: All wizards are automatically enrolled at Hogwarts from birth and receive an admission letter when they turn 11, before the school begins., So without knowing his nature, Harry Potter is invited to join the ranks of the school.
On September 1st, our young wizards can board the Hogwarts Express, a handsome red locomotive that departs London’s King’s Cross Station, platform 9¾, at exactly eleven o’clock in the direction of Hogsmeade station in Scotland. Comfortably set up in their wagon, future students can quietly enjoy treats served up on a witch’s carriage while waiting to arrive safely. Hogsmeade station is located very close to Hogwarts Lake and a path makes it easy to reach the school, with stagecoaches pulled by strells (winged horses that can only be seen by those who have seen death) or first-year students. Magic boats for. Hagrid, the warden of the school, is usually present to welcome all these beautiful people.
It is then time for the most fateful moment: distribution of houses by sorting hat, Called upon to carry the artifact before his other peers, the new student lets the Sorting Hat probe his mind and feel his core abilities. He, like Harry and Hermione, can make his preferences known to influence the Sorting Hat’s decision, which must decide between the houses Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw. Every fifty years, one student’s name is changed to Hatflu: a term designating the student whose sorting hat took more than five minutes to designate a house. Minerva McGonagall for example, as well as Peter Pettigrew, both had fuzzy hats.
After this particularly stressful phase, the students can enjoy a delicious feast in joy and good humour.
All students at Hogwarts study seven different majors during their seven years of study. Chopsticks are purchased in advance, along with textbooks, from merchants on Traverse Road, such as Fleury and Bottle or Ollivander. There is also a shop called Tissard et Brodette that sells magicians’ costumes.
- medicine lessons, which involves preparing a whole bunch of magical drinks and knowing their ingredients. The hall is located in the dungeons of Hogwarts and usually invites students from two houses to take the same class at the same time. It is specifically in the second year that we learn the recipe for Polyjuice, the legendary potion that allows you to assume the form of another human for a few moments. Perhaps the most notable potions teacher in the saga is Severus Snape, who played the role from 1981 to 1996.
- Defense Against the Dark Arts Course The less adventurous students might have gotten some cold sweats. As its name suggests, it teaches the practitioners of magic to protect themselves from evil. This is your chance to know more about dark magic and dangerous creatures. Over the years, the difficulty of the courses increases: if the first years participate in a summary presentation, the sixth years, they study dementors. The class sees many different teachers such as Quirrell, Gilderoy Lockhart, Remus Lupin, Alastair Moody, Dolores Umbridge, Severus Snape, and then Amycus Carrow.
- mantra course Taught by Ravenclaw’s headmaster, Filius Flitwick. It is based on the study of the book of spells and magic written by the famous witch Miranda Fauconnet. In the sixth year, we learn specifically about amnesia which alters the memory of others.
- change course The most difficult to study according to his teacher, Minerva McGonagall. He learns to transform objects and living beings into something else.
- history of magic lessons Cuthbert Binn (whose classes are considered soporific) teaches students the major milestones in the history of their world
- astronomy lessons Visited by Aurora Sinistra and located in Hogwarts’ beautiful Astronomy Tower teaches students about the stars and their characteristics at midnight, after dark.
- botany class Allows students to study magical flora in Hogwarts’ greenhouse. Pomona Sprout was its teacher for a long time before giving way to Neville Longbottom.
- flight course is for first-year students only and takes place on the lawn of the Hogwarts grounds. Madam Hooch teaches them to use gestures to control the broom.
- 3rd Year Features: From 3rd year onwards, students have to choose at least two additional subjects, such as Caring for Magical Creatures Course, taught by Hagrid. He offers to study only magical creatures such as hippogriffs. Arithmetic (that is, predictions based on numbers), divination, Mughal studies, and the study of runes are also presented.
At the end of fifth and seventh grade, students have to pass major examinations. first there is Owl (Universal Certificate of Elementary Witchcraft) which sets out the courses that students will follow for the rest of their studies. For two weeks, theory and practical tests based on each topic taught are conducted by the Academy of Magic Examiners. There are three pass grades: Acceptable (A), Exceptional Effort (E), and Optimal (O), as well as three fail grades: Troll (T), Disappointing (D), Poor (P).
newts (specifically an intense and compulsive accumulation of witchcraft) is taken in seventh grade and can determine a student’s career. If it is possible to enter active life without them, practical examination of them is mandatory in order to have a chance to integrate the Ministry of Magic.
Activities at Hogwarts
In addition to the famous Quidditch kick, There is also a traditional cut of four houses. : During a school year, houses can earn good/bad marks based on their behaviour. The four houses with the best points win the cup. There are also clubs and associations that students can join.
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- Rosie O’Donnell Bio, Age, Husband, Books, Taboo, Sight, Net
- Who are Julian Strawther’s parents? Meet father Lee and mother Lourdes Strawther and siblings Paris and Paige
- Kawana Jenkins Age – CrackerMusic.com Discussions Today »
- Whitney Houston ‘I Go to The Rock’ explores singer’s gospel roots
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Net Worth 2023: Cars Age Career Earnings