Vick Hope is a well-known Briton TV and radio presenter, journalistand published author. She currently hosts three shows a week on BBC Radio 1, “Coming Home with Vick and Jordan”, “Life Hacks”, and “Official Chart: First Look”. She currently hosts the 2022 Women’s Prize For Fiction podcast series after serving on the 2021 judging panel. In May 2022, she is reportedly engaged to DJ calvin harris.
Hope has hosted various shows including Capital Breakfast on Capital FM, Crufts on Channel 4 and backstage presenter of The X Factor for ITV in 2019. Apart from her work in the media, she is a human rights activist man and an ambassador for Amnesty International, working with the organization since the age of 16. In 2017, she won the Broadcasting Powerhouse Award at the Marie Claire Future Shapers Awards. Vick is a multi-faceted personality who has built an impressive career in various fields, demonstrating his versatility, intelligence and dedication.
Who are Vick Hope’s parents?
Vick Hope was born in Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom on September 25, 1989, and her birth name is Victoria Nwayawu Nwosu-Hope. She is the daughter of her father, Nigel Hope, and her mother, Adeline Nwosu. Her parents supported her from an early age and she grew up with her three younger brothers, Louis, Theo, And Gabrielle. Her mother is Nigerian, while her father is English, which makes her a multiracial (black and white) ethnicity race. In 2022, she is 33 years old and holds British nationality.
Vic attended Emmanuel College, Cambridge, where she studied modern languages and mastered French, Spanish and Portuguese. She taught Spanish on her own and even took evening classes in additional A-level subjects to secure a place at Cambridge. Vick’s career began during her “year abroad” at the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, where she became the youngest journalist employed by the independent English-language expatriate newspaper, The Argentina Independent, at the age of 19. She was later discovered by MTV. and began presenting shows for them, which launched her career in mainstream British television as a journalist and presenter.
How was Vick Hope’s career?
- Vick Hope, from 2017 to 2020, co-hosted the show “Capital Breakfast” in London with Roman Kemp and Sonny Jay.
- Before that, she hosted the weekend breakfast show on sister station “Capital Xtra”. During her time on Capital Breakfast, she became known for her bubbly personality and quick wit, which endeared her to listeners and helped make the show one of the shows most popular breakfast options in London.
- In 2019, she joined Classic FM as a presenter for Classic FM’s “Revision Hour”, where she presented alongside Ellie Goulding, Lewis Capaldi and Dan Smith.
- In August 2020, she replaced Cel Spellman to co-host ‘Life Hacks’ and ‘Official Chart: First Look’ on BBC Radio 1.
- She also co-hosted the BBC Radio 1 driving show “Going Home with Vick and Jordan” from September 2021.
- Vick Hope has been on several TV shows and specials over the years. In 2020, Hope began hosting two new shows on ITV Hub, titled “HOW” and “I’m a Celebrity…The Daily Drop”.
- She also co-hosted the international live stream of the 2019 BRIT Awards on YouTube with Todrick Hall.
- Additionally, Hope presented Channel 4’s Crufts alongside Clare Balding and was the backstage presenter for the live finale of ITV’s ‘The X Factor: Celebrity’ and ‘The X Factor: The Band’, having previously hosted The X Factor spin-off show “Xtra Bites”.
- In 2022, she hosted her own TV show, ‘Vick Hope’s Breakfast Show’, which aired every Sunday morning on ITV throughout the summer.
- She has presented several programs for different channels including ITV, Channel 4 and Sky One. She was an entertainment reporter for ITV’s “Lorraine” and produced and presented showbiz news for FYI Daily.
- She has also worked for Channel 4’s 4Music since 2014, presenting several interview shows including ‘Box Fresh’ and ‘HotBox’.
- Additionally, she has worked for MTV, Disney Channel UK, Capital Xtra and Vevo.
- In 2018, she joined “The Voice UK” as a behind-the-scenes reporter and presented Sky One’s Carnage alongside Freddie Flintoff and Lethal Bizzle.
- She has also presented sports coverage for Yahoo Sports Presents Tailgate, Channel 4’s Chase Tag Parkour World Championships and the London Nocturne cycling event for Channel 4, Sky Sports and Eurosport.
- She produced and presented her first TV documentary, ‘The Slenderman Killings’, for Channel 5, investigating the rise of horror online.
- She also presented ‘That’s Not Me’, exploring the use of retouching in fashion photography, which won the BBC Award for Factual Entertainment at the Visions Film Festival.
- In 2018, she participated in “Strictly Come Dancing” and was paired with professional dancer Graziano Di Prima. Despite being eliminated early on, Hope made headlines for controversially criticizing her Cha Cha dance exit and blaming the judges and production crew for saving comedian Seann Walsh during the dance. .
- She continues to develop, and in February 2022 she began co-presenting the BBC’s “Britain’s Best Young Artist” with Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson.
- She also hosted her own TV show, ‘Vick Hope’s Breakfast Show’, which aired on ITV every Sunday morning in June and July 2022.
- In December 2022, Channel 4 announced that it would be joining Countdown’s Dictionary Corner, which it renamed “Vicktionary Corner” for the week.
- In 2020, Hope published her first children’s novel, “Listen Up: Rule the Airwaves, Rule the School”.
- She is expected to release the sequel later this year.
- Likewise, Hope has also written for various publications including Marie Claire, Shout magazine, and New Teach.
Awards and Achievements
- Vick Hope has won numerous awards throughout her career. She received a TRIC Award for Best Radio Show for Capital Breakfast in 2019 and 2020, as well as a TRIC Award for Best Entertainment Show for Strictly Come Dancing in 2019.
- In 2019, Hope was named “Woman Who Changed The Game” by Nike x Football Beyond Borders. She has also been nominated for several other awards including the BAFTA TV Awards, NRTA Favorite TV Personality, an Urban Music Award and a Royal Television Society Award. She won the BBC Award for Factual Entertainment for her documentary That’s Not Me.
- Hope has also been recognized for her accomplishments outside of entertainment. In 2017, she won the Broadcasting Powerhouse Award at the Marie Claire Future Shapers Awards. Her achievements as a woman in sport were recognized when she was named “Woman Who Changed The Game” by Nike x Football Beyond Borders in 2019.
- Overall, Hope’s work has been highly praised, and her numerous nominations and awards are a testament to her talent and hard work.
Who is Vick Hope’s boyfriend?
Vick Hope is currently in a relationship with a DJ and music producer, calvin harris, who she began dating in 2021. In March 2022, it was reported that the couple got engaged. Calvin proposed to her at his farmhouse in Ibiza with a diamond engagement ring. She shared a photo of a tree at Calvin’s 138-acre farm, Terra Masia, and Calvin had previously posted the same tree where he had proposed to her. They have been spotted together at various events and seem to be enjoying their relationship.
Before dating Calvin Harris, Vick Hope was in a long-term relationship with the British actor Tom Rosenthalwhich lasted from 2013 to 2017. After their split, she was linked to Welsh reality TV personality Jordan Davis. There have also been rumors that she had a past relationship with musical artist Myles Stephenson, although this has not been confirmed. Vick Hope identifies as straight in terms of sexual orientation.
What is Vick Hope’s net worth?
Vick Hope is a prominent figure in the UK entertainment industry, having made a name for herself as a television and radio presenter. Her main source of wealth comes from her work in the entertainment industry, where she was able to earn a high salary due to her popularity and talent. Vick has worked for a variety of media including the BBC, ITV2 and the BoxPlus network, where she held various positions. She is known for her dynamic personality and her ability to connect with audiences of all ages, which helped her become a household name in the UK.
With an estimated net worth of $2 million as of 2023, she has established herself as one of the UK’s most successful media personalities. With a lavish lifestyle that includes luxury cars, designer clothes, and exotic vacations, Vick is living proof that hard work and determination can pay off in the entertainment industry. She is enjoying her current life a lot.
How tall is Vick Hope?
Vick Hope is known for her stunning looks and slim figure. She has black hair with a curly texture that complements her dark brown eyes. Her beauty regime seems to be working, as she looks radiant and healthy. Additionally, she loves to dance and has appeared on the show Strictly Come Dancing, showcasing her dancing skills and passion for physical activity.
With a height of 5 feet 7 inches or 170 cm, Vick has a lean physique and her body weight is around 55 kg or 121 pounds. In addition to her work in the entertainment industry, Vick is passionate about staying fit and healthy. She is an avid cyclist and sports fan, regularly sharing her love for different sports on her social media accounts. Her interest in sport is evident from the fact that she has presented various sports programs including cycling coverage for Channel 4, Sky Sports and Eurosport. She has a healthy body with an attractive personality.
#Vick #Hope #Bio #Net #Worth #Boyfriend #Age #Facts #Parents #Height