Elon Musk is set to unveil his third master plan to the world on March 1.
The CEO of Tesla/SpaceX/Boring Company/Twitter announced on Twitter that “Master Plan 3” will be announced at Tesla’s Investor Day on March 1. According to the post, the event will be held at Giga Texas, Tesla’s manufacturing facility in the state. Musk says the plan will be “the path to a fully sustainable energy future for Earth,” adding that “the future is bright!”
Musk has been teasing “Master Plan 3” since March of last year. In response to someone expressing excitement about the plan, Musk responded by saying “Tesla’s key issues are going to grow to the extreme size required to lead humanity away from fossil fuels and AI.” But I will also add sections on SpaceX, Tesla and The Boring Company.
Tesla’s key problems will be scaled to the extremes necessary to lead humanity away from fossil fuels and AI.
But I will also include sections on SpaceX, Tesla and The Boring Company.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 21, 2022
If you’re wondering what the previous master plans were, here’s a quick breakdown. As Musk summed it up, Master Plan 1, announced in 2006, consisted of:
- Building a low-volume car that was bound to be expensive
- Use this money to develop a mid-size car at a lower price
- To use THE Money to build an affordable high-volume car
- provide solar energy. No kidding, this has been on our site for literally 10 years.
Masterplan 2, which Musk dubbed Part Deux and launched in 2016, consisted of:
- Build stunning solar rooftops with seamlessly integrated battery storage
- Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all key segments
- Through massive fleet learning, develop self-driving skill 10 times safer than manual driving
- Let your car earn you money when you’re not using it
Tesla is likely to stream Investor Day on March 1, but the company has yet to add a placeholder video to YouTube. Keep your eyes peeled because it would be weird if it didn’t come.
Musk’s announcement comes weeks after the CEO revealed the Cybertruck won’t go into mass production until 2024.
#Elon #Musk #teases #Master #Plan #unveiled #Tesla #Investor #Day