Police confirmed that an armed individual was inside the Palm Desert Target store, prompting a temporary evacuation of the premises.
The incident was reported at 12:50 p.m. According to a spokesperson for the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, a physical altercation occurred between people inside the store and one of the parties was in possession of a handgun.
Many local residents contacted the newsroom to report that shoppers quickly left the store before police arrived.
Out of an abundance of caution, law enforcement officials evacuated the business and searched for potential victims or additional suspects, but none were found.
A firearm was discovered inside the store and authorities apprehended the suspect.
No further information regarding the identity of the suspect has been released at this time.
At this time, there are no suspects at large and no injuries have been reported.
A FOX3 crew confirmed at the scene that shoppers were allowed into the store around 2:50 p.m.
Three sheriff’s department units remained outside the store for a brief period but left at 3:05 p.m. The store’s address is 72549 Highway 111.
This is a developing story that will be updated when more information becomes available.
#Suspect #custody #fight #erupts #Target #store #Palm #Desert
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- What is Sam Smith’s sexuality? Is Sam gay? Who is their partner? – Married biography
- I love Samantha, but I hate Kim Cattrall’s throwback and just like that
- ‘Americonned’ documentary warns AI will crush American jobs
- Nuggets fan battling cancer surprised with two tickets to NBA Finals Game 1
- Tom Schwartz Wife, Kids, Net, Vanderpump Rules, Bravo