Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce over Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Rice is a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the sweetness of roasted sweet potatoes with the bold flavors of Thai cuisine. The dish is typically made by roasting sweet potatoes until tender and caramelized, then serving them over a bed of fluffy rice, with a generous drizzle of spicy peanut sauce on top.
Peanut sauce is the star of the dish, made from a mixture of peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey and chili flakes, giving it the perfect balance of spicy, sweet flavors and sour. The sauce is also incredibly versatile and can be used as a dip or marinade for meats, vegetables or tofu.
Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce over Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Rice is a delicious and healthy vegetarian or vegan meal option that’s packed with nutrients and flavor. It’s also relatively easy to prepare, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner or a meal prep dish for the week ahead.
• ½ cup creamy peanut butter
• ¼ cup tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoons of water
• Grilled vegetables
• 2 sweet potatoes
• 1 red pepper
• About 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (or olive oil)
• ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
• Sea salt, to taste
• Rice and side dishes
• 1 ¼ cup brown jasmine rice
• 2 to 3 green onions/chives
• A handful of cilantro, torn
• A handful of crushed peanuts
• Sriracha/rooster sauce as an accompaniment (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit with one rack in the middle and one rack up.
2. Roast the vegetables: toss the sweet potato pieces with a generous tablespoon of coconut oil, cumin and a pinch of salt.
3. Toss the bell pepper with about a teaspoon of coconut oil and salt. Vegetables should be lightly coated with oil on all sides.
4. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Arrange the red peppers on another smaller baking sheet.
5. Roast the sweet potatoes on the middle rack for about 35 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking and roast the peppers on the top rack for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. The vegetables will be tender and caramelized around the edges when ready.
6. Meanwhile, cook the rice: Once the water is boiling, pour in the rice and mix. Boil the rice for 30 minutes, then turn off the heat and drain the rice.
7. Return the rice to the pot and cover the pot. Let the rice steam for 10 minutes. Remove the lid, stir the rice with a fork and season with salt to taste.
8. Prepare the sauce: in a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. If the sauce is too thick or too spicy, add a little water.
#Spicy #Thai #Peanut #Sauce #Roasted #Sweet #Potatoes #Rice
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- Upskilling Workers and Lowering Tariffs: Key Lessons from the Productivity Commission Report
- Omah Lay, other young male celebrities who expressed their love for Tiwa Savage
- ‘Karamo’ Gets Season 2 Renewal After Surge in Viewers
- Sydney man surfs 525 waves in 30 hours to break Cronulla world record
- Wike: Amaechi desperately wants Cole to become governor to thwart their ongoing robbery trial