Senate Republicans yesterday blocked a measure that would have added the Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution. Via The Hill:
Senators voted 51 to 47 to invoke closure on a motion to proceed, short of the 60 votes he needed.
The senses. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Susan Collins (Maine) were the only Republicans to vote with all Democrats.
[…] The Senate resolution would have removed the deadline so that the ERA could become the 28th Amendment. Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and Murkowski were the primary co-sponsors of the resolution.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (DN.Y.) argued throughout the week that the legislation was needed following last summer’s Supreme Court ruling that overturned Roe v. Wade.
#Senate #Republicans #block #equal #rights #amendment
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- DeSantis 2024 campaign poster
- Li Nanxing (2021) Bio-Wiki, Age, Ex-Wife, Height, Net worth, Movies
- Abraham Williams Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Movies & Tulsi Gabbard
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac |
- West Seattle Blog… | GIVE: Red Nose Day brings smiles and support to Educare Seattle