House Speaker Kevin McCarthy announced on Saturday he was ordering an investigation into whether government money was being used for “politically motivated lawsuits” in light of allegations that former President Donald Trump could be charged as early as next week.
“Here we go again,” McCarthy tweeted, with the appalling abuse of authority of a radical district attorney letting dangerous criminals walk while seeking political revenge against President Trump.
McCarthy made the statement in response to rumors that the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is preparing to indict Trump over cash payments he allegedly made during his 2016 presidential campaign.
McCarthy wants the House to consider the matter because the decision has led Republicans to fear the lawsuits are politically motivated.
McCarthy has ordered an investigation into whether or not government money was used to “subvert our democracy” by interfering in the election through politically motivated prosecutions.
#McCarthy #Defends #Trump #Outrageous #Abuse #Power #Radical #Prosecutor #wayne #dupree
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- Upskilling Workers and Lowering Tariffs: Key Lessons from the Productivity Commission Report
- Omah Lay, other young male celebrities who expressed their love for Tiwa Savage
- ‘Karamo’ Gets Season 2 Renewal After Surge in Viewers
- Sydney man surfs 525 waves in 30 hours to break Cronulla world record
- Wike: Amaechi desperately wants Cole to become governor to thwart their ongoing robbery trial