Biography of Lucian Grainge
Lucian Grainge is the Chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group, the largest music company in the world, with a market share of over 30%.
Grainge first became chairman of the UK division of Universal Music Group. Later in 2005, he became president of Universal Music Group International. He held this position until 2010.
On January 1, 2011, Grainge became CEO of Universal Music Group and then chairman on March 9, 2011, succeeding Doug Morris.
Age of Lucian Grainge
Grainge was born on February 29, 1960 in London, England. He turns 63 in 2023.
Lucien Grainge Religion
Grainge was raised Jewish.
Lucian Grainge’s wife
Grainge has been married twice. He was first married to Samantha Berg, the mother of his son, Elliot. Samantha had complications giving birth to their son and fell into a coma from which she never recovered. She died in 2007.
Grainge married his second wife, Caroline, in 2002. They have two children together. Their eldest daughter, Alice, was born in 2001. Their other daughter is named Betsy.
Son of Lucian Grainge
Grainge has three children. His eldest and only son, Elliot Grainge, is from his first marriage to Samantha Berg. He was born in 1993. Just like his father, Elliot is also a musical director. he is the founder of 10K Projects, an independent record label that has signed artists such as Trippie Redd, Iann Dior and Tekashi 6ix9ine.
House Lucian Grainge
Grainge and his wife reportedly paid $13 million in November 2012 for a home in Pacific Palisades. The couple also previously rented a Brentwood home from the owner of Rhino Entertainment.
Lucien Grainge Universal Music Group
During his first year as chairman and CEO of Universal, the company purchased EMI’s recorded music business. Grainge claimed the acquisition of Universal was necessary to improve EMI and benefit the entire music industry.
Following the acquisition, UMG worked to rejuvenate former EMI labels, such as Capitol Records and Virgin Records.
As Chairman and CEO of Universal, Grainge sought to increase the group’s international digital expansion through distribution partnerships with technology companies, such as; Apple, Spotify, Facebook, Tencent and YouTube.
In 2017, Universal Music Group was worth $22 billion. That’s triple what it was worth when Grainge took over the business.
Lucien Grainge Duck
Drake is one of the most successful artists Grainge has worked with in his career. Drake signed with Universal Music Group subsidiary Cash Money Records in 2009. He has since released nine studio albums, all of which topped the Billboard 200 chart.
Drake is also the most streamed artist of all time on Spotify and Apple Music, with over 50 billion streams in his catalog. Grainge praised Drake for his artistic vision and innovation and called him a “global superstar”.
Lucian Grainge Jay Z
Jay Z is another prominent artist Grainge has collaborated with over the years. Jay Z works with Universal Music Group under his entertainment agency, Roc Nation Label which he founded in 2008. Has released four albums under Roc Nation including; The Blueprint 3 (2009), Magna Carta Holy Grail (2013), 4:44 (2017) and Everything Is Love (2018) with Beyoncé.
Salary of Lucian Grainge
According to MarketWatch.com, Universal Music Group has extended Lucian’s CEO contract through May 2021. He will receive an annual salary of $5 million, which the company says has been cut by two-thirds. He will also be eligible for an annual bonus estimated at $10 million.
Fortune of Lucian Grainge
Grainge has an estimated net worth of $150 million as of 2023, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
Lucian Grainge Honors and Awards
Below are some of the awards and accolades Lucian has received during his career.
- Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE)
- Billboard Power 100 – Grainge has been included on Billboard’s annual list of the most powerful people in the music industry multiple times, including; in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Variety’s New Leaders – he was named one of Variety’s New Leaders in 2013, recognizing his impact on the music industry.
- Music Industry Trusts Award – In 2016 he received the Music Industry Trusts Award for his contributions to the industry.
- Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year – Grainge received this award in 2016, recognizing his innovative leadership in the music industry.
- 2019 Grammy Salute to Industry Icons Award – he received this award at the pre-Grammy gala in recognition of his significant contributions to the music industry.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame Star – In 2020, Grainge received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in recognition of his impact on the music industry.
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- DeSantis 2024 campaign poster
- Li Nanxing (2021) Bio-Wiki, Age, Ex-Wife, Height, Net worth, Movies
- Abraham Williams Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Movies & Tulsi Gabbard
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac |
- West Seattle Blog… | GIVE: Red Nose Day brings smiles and support to Educare Seattle