Andrew Mayer Cohen started creating his own Motown-style songs while he was a hip-hop DJ so he wouldn’t have to pay to sample them. Look how well it went! You may have heard it before on Live At Daryl’s House.
Born and raised in Ann Arbor, Michigan, he eventually moved to LA Mayer Hawthorne is a stage name, a combination of Cohen’s real middle name (Mayer) and Hawthorne Road, the street where he grew up.
Here is “The Walk”, which is the closest thing to a radio hit:
And here is the moving sound of “When I said goodbye”.
#Late #Night #Music #Club #Mayer #Hawthorne
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- What is Sam Smith’s sexuality? Is Sam gay? Who is their partner? – Married biography
- I love Samantha, but I hate Kim Cattrall’s throwback and just like that
- ‘Americonned’ documentary warns AI will crush American jobs
- Nuggets fan battling cancer surprised with two tickets to NBA Finals Game 1
- Tom Schwartz Wife, Kids, Net, Vanderpump Rules, Bravo