Kyra Sedgwick is a actress, producerAnd director the United States. She is famous for her role as Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson in the crime drama TNT “The closest“. For her role in the series, she won a Golden Globe Award in 2007 and an Emmy Award in 2010. She had a recurring role as Madeline Wuntch in the sitcom “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”. She married her husband, Kevin Bacon on September 4, 1988.
Kyra made her television debut as Julia Shearer on “Another World” when she was 16. Some of the other films and TV series she has appeared in include Something to Talk About (1995), Born on the Fourth of July (1989), Singles (1992), Heart and Souls (1993), Phenomenon (1996), What’s Cooking (2000), Secondhand Lions (2003), The Game Plan (2007), The Possession (2012) and The Edge of Seventeen (2016).
Who are Kyra Sedgwick’s parents?
Kyra Sedgwick was born with the birth name of Kyra Minturn Sedgwick on August 19, 1965 in New York, New York, United States. She is the daughter of Henry Dwight Sedgwick Va venture capitalist, and Patricia Sedwick, a speech therapy teacher and an educational/family therapist. Her parents separated when she was four and divorced when she was six; his mother later married Ben Heller, an art dealer. She spent her youth and childhood with her two brothers, namely Mike Stern and Robert Sedgwick, and a sister named Holly Sedgwick. She is American by nationality and holds a mixed ethnic as she is of English, distant Dutch, Scottish, German and Ashkenazi Jewish descent. The actress celebrated her 57th birthday in 2022.
For her education, she graduated from Friends Seminary and attended Sarah Lawrence College before going to University of Southern Californiawhere she earned a theater degree.
Kyra Sedgwick’s acting career
- Kyra, at 16, made her television debut in the soap opera “Another World” as Julia Shearer. In 1988, she appeared in a television version of “Lemon Sky” by Lanford Wilson.
- She starred in several Hollywood films, including Singles (1992), Heart and Souls (1993), Something to Talk About (1995) and Phenomenon in her 1990s. She starred in the made-for-TV movie “Miss Rose White” , winner of an Emmy Award in 1992.
- Kyra starred as Mae Coleman in 2003’s ‘Secondhand Lions’ and Stella Peck in 2007’s ‘The Game Plan’.
- In 1991, she appeared in “Pyrates” followed by “The Woodsman” in 2004. She even dubbed the voice of Batwoman in the animated film “Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman”.
- From 2005 to 2012, she starred in the television series “The Closer”. Likewise, she produced the TV series “Proof” for TNT which debuted in 2015 for one season. She is also featured in the NBC comedy series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” as Madeline Wuntch.
- She then played the lead role of Jean Raines in the ABC comedy pilot “My Village.” The series received the green light from ABC and was retitled Call Your Mother on May 21, 2020 for the 2020–21 television season.
Who is Kyra Sedgwick’s husband?
Kyra Sedgwick is a married woman. She tied the knot with her husband, Kevin Bacon who is an actor by profession. The duo got married on September 4, 1988. At present, Kyra and Kevin are enjoying their current life a lot and there is no sign of a divorce between them. Their bond grows stronger over time.
All about Kevin Bacon
The husband-wife duo are blessed with two children, namely Travis Sedgwick Bacon (b. June 23, 1989) (actor, musician) and a daughter named Sosie Ruth Bacon (b. March 15, 1992) (actress).
What is Kyra Sedgwick’s net worth?
Kyra Sedgwick is an actress who has accumulated enormous wealth through her professional work. She is known for playing the role of Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson in the crime drama television series “The Closer” (2005-2012). In 2007, she started earning around $300,000 per episode for the TV series “The Closer.” The main source of income comes from the entertainment industry. Her aggregate worldwide box office gross for 14 films as a supporting actress is over $489 million. In the roles of Leading or Lead Ensemble, she grossed over $84 million in box office sales. Overall, the actress has grossed over $761 million in box office sales worldwide across 35 films.
As of 2023, Kyra Sedgwick’s net worth would have $45 million. She has been featured in print and television commercials for Tropicana’s “Too 50” low-calorie, low-sugar orange juice (2009). She also made an appearance in one of her husband Kevin Bacon’s TV commercials for the iPhone, in 2013. She lives a lavish lifestyle off of her earnings.
How tall is Kyra Sedgwick?
Kyra Sedgwick is a beautiful actress with a pair of dark brown eyes while she has a curly blonde hair color. She was also open to plastic surgery, including Botox, facelift and lip fillers. She has a short stature and she has a mole on her neck. She has a radiant face. She has tattoos on her ankle, side and lower back.
Kyra has a well maintained body structure. She stands at a perfect height of 5 feet 5 inches or 165 cm and her body weight is 56 kg or 123.5 pounds. Her body measurement is 35-25-35 inches while she has an hourglass body type.
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- DeSantis 2024 campaign poster
- Li Nanxing (2021) Bio-Wiki, Age, Ex-Wife, Height, Net worth, Movies
- Abraham Williams Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Movies & Tulsi Gabbard
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac |
- West Seattle Blog… | GIVE: Red Nose Day brings smiles and support to Educare Seattle