CARACHI: 2022 has undoubtedly been the year of Pakistani cinema. And the success our films have achieved continues. Earlier this week,
Sarmad Khoosat's Kamli And
Saim Sadiq's joyland and star Sajal Aly
What's Love Got To Do With It? continued to wow audiences at the Mosaic International South Asian Film Festival and scooped up some of the major awards of the night.
The four-day Canadian film festival took to social media to announce the winners. joyland continues to receive accolades around the world and at MISAFF. According to the official social media handle of MISAFF, the Cannes winner received Best International Feature Film, Best Screenplay (Saim Sadiq, Mary Margaret Briggs), Best Sound Design and Best Actress in Rasti Farooq.
When Sarmad Khoosat came out Kamli in Pakistan, the public was in awe. It proved that Pakistani cinema is much more than the steamy romantic comedies that are a staple of our cinema. And it looks like MISAFF agreed. The film festival jury praised Sania Saeed who played a blind woman in the film, “Sania Saeed, who joined us at #MISAFF23 and was an absolute delight, received the Best Actress award for his role in Kamli.
Not too far behind was Jemima Goldsmith’s romantic comedy What’s love got to do with it? which received the Jury Prize for Best Ensemble Cast.
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- DeSantis 2024 campaign poster
- Li Nanxing (2021) Bio-Wiki, Age, Ex-Wife, Height, Net worth, Movies
- Abraham Williams Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Movies & Tulsi Gabbard
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac |
- West Seattle Blog… | GIVE: Red Nose Day brings smiles and support to Educare Seattle