Joe Biden sits down with Kal Penn for tonight’s episode of The daily showand in an early clip, the president talks about Florida lawmakers’ attacks on the transgender community.
Speaking of transgender children, Biden said, “What’s happening in Florida is, as my mom would say, borderline sinful. It’s just awful what they’re doing. It’s not like a child wakes up one morning and says, “You know, I’ve decided that I want to be a man or I want to be a woman or I want to change.” I mean, what are they thinking here. They are human beings. They like. They have feelings. They have inclinations that are… it’s just for me, it’s, I don’t know it’s, it’s cruel.
Biden said the answer should be the passage of legislation like Congress did last year that cemented federal recognition of same-sex marriage rights.
The Florida Medical Boards, with the support of Governor Ron DeSantis, have banned gender-affirming care for minors. Lawmakers have also proposed legislation that would require teachers to match a child’s sex at birth.
Penn served in the White House during the Obama administration. The interview, which airs at 11 p.m. ET/PT, was conducted at the White House and also includes a tour of the Oval Office. This is Biden’s first Daily show interview since he became president.
#Joe #Biden #Daily #Show #interview #Floridas #targeting #transgender #youth #close #sinful
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- Rosie O’Donnell Bio, Age, Husband, Books, Taboo, Sight, Net
- Who are Julian Strawther’s parents? Meet father Lee and mother Lourdes Strawther and siblings Paris and Paige
- Kawana Jenkins Age – CrackerMusic.com Discussions Today »
- Whitney Houston ‘I Go to The Rock’ explores singer’s gospel roots
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Net Worth 2023: Cars Age Career Earnings