President Joe Biden on Monday invited British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak to the White House in June.
The invitation came during a meeting between Mr Biden and Mr Sunak in San Diego, California, where they were taking part in the unveiling of a nuclear submarine pact with Australia, according to a White House reading .
“The President and Prime Minister discussed the importance of continuing to deepen the strong and enduring economic relationship between the United Kingdom and the United States. President Biden has invited Prime Minister Sunak to visit Washington in June to continue this conversation,” the reading reads.
While in San Diego, they joined Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese to unveil their plans to share underwater technology under the three-country AUKUS alliance.
Mr Biden also told reporters during his meeting with Mr Sunak that he planned to visit Ireland and the British province of Northern Ireland, which are preparing to mark the 25th anniversary of the peace agreement Good Friday April 10.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
Featured Video of the Day
Rahul Gandhi crossed the line or the center overreacted? The “Democracy” comment line
#Joe #Biden #invites #British #Prime #Minister #Rishi #Sunak #White #House #June
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- Rosie O’Donnell Bio, Age, Husband, Books, Taboo, Sight, Net
- Who are Julian Strawther’s parents? Meet father Lee and mother Lourdes Strawther and siblings Paris and Paige
- Kawana Jenkins Age – CrackerMusic.com Discussions Today »
- Whitney Houston ‘I Go to The Rock’ explores singer’s gospel roots
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Net Worth 2023: Cars Age Career Earnings