At least 41 people were killed in the crash of a bus that exploded after plunging off a bridge in Pakistan’s southwest, a government representative announced, on Sunday, January 29. .
‘The dead bodies cannot be identified’said Hamza Anjum, an official in Lasbela district of Balochistan province, where the accident took place. Anjum said the three survivors have been rescued. He said the bus was carrying 48 people when it hit a pole before going over the abutment of the bridge it was crossing.
Road accidents are high in Pakistan with bad expressways, poor road safety and dangerous driving. Buses there are often filled to capacity and wearing seat belts is not a widespread practice. Road accidents often happen with a single vehicle. According to the World Health Organisation, more than 27,000 people died on Pakistan’s roads in 2018.
Shortly afterwards, a ship carrying 25 to 30 students on a school trip capsized on Tandam Lake in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (North-West Pakistan) province. Ten children aged between 7 and 14 were found dead and eleven others were rescued, six of whom are in critical condition.
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- Rosie O’Donnell Bio, Age, Husband, Books, Taboo, Sight, Net
- Who are Julian Strawther’s parents? Meet father Lee and mother Lourdes Strawther and siblings Paris and Paige
- Kawana Jenkins Age – CrackerMusic.com Discussions Today »
- Whitney Houston ‘I Go to The Rock’ explores singer’s gospel roots
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Net Worth 2023: Cars Age Career Earnings