A plane that arrived at Toronto Pearson International Airport from Edmonton on Tuesday night experienced a “minor” fire.
A WestJet spokesperson confirmed to Global News that flight WS434 “experienced a minor fire in the exhaust pipe after the engine shut down on arrival.”
The spokesperson said the crew followed all standard procedures and were able to “immediately extinguish the flames”.
Emergency crews were also called to the scene but were not needed.
“At no time was the safety of our guests or our crew endangered and all guests were able to disembark the aircraft as normal,” the spokesperson said.
“Our maintenance team has removed the aircraft from service for further inspection.”
Toronto Pearson International Airport hopes to avoid peak problems with more staff
© 2023 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
Check out the latest world news below:
World News || Latest News || American News
#Flight #Edmonton #suffers #minor #fire #Toronto #Pearson #airport #Globalnewsca
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- DeSantis 2024 campaign poster
- Li Nanxing (2021) Bio-Wiki, Age, Ex-Wife, Height, Net worth, Movies
- Abraham Williams Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Movies & Tulsi Gabbard
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac |
- West Seattle Blog… | GIVE: Red Nose Day brings smiles and support to Educare Seattle