There were few moments in “Breaking Bad” where we saw Skinny Pete not wearing his beanie. While Badger wears a variety of hats, Pete is dedicated to keeping his head and ears wrapped regardless of the season in Albuquerque. The prop was so familiar to Charles Baker that he asked to keep it after filming for the series finale was over.
When asked by The Hollywood Reporter if he took anything from the set as a souvenir, Baker replied, “I asked for Skinny Pete’s hat at the end of the run. I didn’t just want to steal it. They said ‘Oh, sorry, maybe he’s going to the Smithsonian’. OK, do not worry. What can you say to that? It’s not a guarantee, but they’re hanging on to things because of the impact it’s had on TV. They keep a lot of props and costumes.
Variety reported in 2015 that Sony Pictures Television donated props to the National Museum of American History from the artifact institution. Among the items were Walter White’s fedora hat and the suits and gas masks he and Jesse wore in the RV scenes. Unfortunately, there was no mention of Skinny Pete’s beanie. But the hat reappeared in “El Camino” when Pete gave it to Jesse early in the movie to help disguise his appearance.
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- What is Sam Smith’s sexuality? Is Sam gay? Who is their partner? – Married biography
- I love Samantha, but I hate Kim Cattrall’s throwback and just like that
- ‘Americonned’ documentary warns AI will crush American jobs
- Nuggets fan battling cancer surprised with two tickets to NBA Finals Game 1
- Tom Schwartz Wife, Kids, Net, Vanderpump Rules, Bravo