- Company announcement date:
- FDA Publication Date:
- Type of product:
- Food and drinks
- Reason for announcement:
Description of the reason for the recall
- Company Name:
- Chang Farm
Nature Wonder and Chang Farm
- Product Description:
Chang Farm, 301 River Road, Whatley, MA is expanding its recall to include ALL mung bean sprouts and bean sprouts that have passed their best before dates due to the possible presence of Listeria monocytogenes (L. Monocytogenes). Listeria monocytogenes is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, the frail or elderly, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy people only experience short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths in pregnant women.
The affected product is packaged in
- Bean Sprouts 10lb bag and bag in box
- Nature’s Wonder Premium Beans Sprouts 12 oz bag (UPC: 815098001330)
- 12 oz bag of Nature’s Wonder Premium Bean Sprouts (UPC: 815098001347)
The product was distributed to retail stores and wholesalers across MA, CT, NY, RI and NJ.
No illness has been reported to date.
We are extending today’s recall in response to a notification from the Massachusetts Food Protection Agency that a sample of mung bean sprouts collected May 4, 2023 from Chang Farm by the agency tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes. Chang Farm is working closely with government authorities as we investigate the root causes of this contamination.
All retail stores and wholesalers that have this lot in MA, CT, NY, NJ and RI are to remove this product from their shelves. Consumers should not consume the products and should discard this product or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers should contact their health care provider if they have any health concerns. Consumers with questions about the warning can contact Chang Farm at 413-522-0234 or 413-222-5519 which will be monitored Monday through Sunday 24 hours.
Initial press release
- Chang Farm
- 413-522-0234 or 413-222-5519
#Chang #Farm #extends #recalls #mung #bean #sprouts #due #health #risk
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- What is Sam Smith’s sexuality? Is Sam gay? Who is their partner? – Married biography
- I love Samantha, but I hate Kim Cattrall’s throwback and just like that
- ‘Americonned’ documentary warns AI will crush American jobs
- Nuggets fan battling cancer surprised with two tickets to NBA Finals Game 1
- Tom Schwartz Wife, Kids, Net, Vanderpump Rules, Bravo