Benjamin Netanyahu is pushing for a ‘judicial review’ because he faces three different corruption charges and wants to appoint his own judges. Many Israeli citizens do not agree, and they are on the streets. Meanwhile, far-right forces in the country support “reforms”. Via the Washington Post:
JERUSALEM — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu faced mounting pressure on Monday to end his government’s drive to overhaul Israel’s justice system as the backlash against the plan engulfed the country and strikes threatened to cripple the country. .
Israeli universities, labor unions, hospitals, shopping malls and Israel’s national carrier, El Al, announced a general strike, and the international airport halted outbound flights indefinitely. Tens of thousands of protesters from across the country flocked to Jerusalem to voice their opposition to the plan.
As calls for Netanyahu’s resignation came from across government, business and the opposition, including Israeli President Isaac Herzog and Netanyahu’s longtime lawyer, local media reported. that he would make a public statement on Monday morning.
#Bibi #dismisses #Minister #Defense #bridge #Israelis
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- What is Sam Smith’s sexuality? Is Sam gay? Who is their partner? – Married biography
- I love Samantha, but I hate Kim Cattrall’s throwback and just like that
- ‘Americonned’ documentary warns AI will crush American jobs
- Nuggets fan battling cancer surprised with two tickets to NBA Finals Game 1
- Tom Schwartz Wife, Kids, Net, Vanderpump Rules, Bravo