Two adult teachers from Denver East High School were fatally shot Wednesday morning during a search of a student at the school.
The student, later identified as 17-year-old Austin Lyle, was searched as part of a security plan, according to Denver Police Chief Ron Thomas.
A source with ties to the district told FOX31 the safety plan was in place because Lyle had previously been kicked out of another district on firearms charges. FOX31 endeavors to confirm this information via other sources.
During the search, a handgun was found and fired, according to the DPD. Lyle then fled the scene.
According to sources, the search was not carried out by the usual faculty.
Two injured teachers were taken to hospital. At 11 a.m., one of them was in serious but stable condition and the other was undergoing surgery.
Lyle is described as a black male, 5ft 5in tall and weighing around 150lbs. He has black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a green hoodie, police said.
Additionally, police believe he was connected to a red 2005 Volvo XC90 with Colorado license plate BSCW10.
The DPD said officers knew the identity of the student, including where he lived and his family members and colleagues.
#Austin #Lyle #death #obituary #Denver #school #shooter #shot #staff #Newspade
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- What is Sam Smith’s sexuality? Is Sam gay? Who is their partner? – Married biography
- I love Samantha, but I hate Kim Cattrall’s throwback and just like that
- ‘Americonned’ documentary warns AI will crush American jobs
- Nuggets fan battling cancer surprised with two tickets to NBA Finals Game 1
- Tom Schwartz Wife, Kids, Net, Vanderpump Rules, Bravo