Alessia Russo is an English professional footballer. She is well known for playing in the position of Before For Manchester United in the Women’s Super League and the England national team. She participated in the 2016 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup and was part of the squad that placed third in the 2018 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup. She was included in the Sarina Wiegman’s England squad for the 2022 UEFA Women’s Euro. Her goal against Sweden was awarded UEFA’s ‘Goal of the Tournament’ and was subsequently nominated for the 2022 FIFA Puskás Award.
Previously, the footballer played for Chelsea, Brighton & Hove Albion and North Carolina Tar Heels. Likewise, she has represented her nation in England at U15, U17, U19, U20 and U21. As a child, she played for Bearsted FC and later became captain of the Chelsea FC development team.
What is Alessia Russo’s nationality?
Alessia Russo was born on February 8, 1999, which marks her current age of 23 in 2022. Alessia Mia Teresa Russo is his full name. The Aquarius-born footballer hails from Maidstone, England. Born to British parents, Alessia has British nationality and comes from a mixed ethnicity as she is of Italian descent. Her Sicilian grandfather moved to England in the 1950s. She is her father’s daughter, mario, and his mother. His father played non-league football for the Metropolitan Police. She grew up with her two brothers namely Giorgio and Luca. His brother, Giorgio, has also played non-league football for various teams, most recently for Ramsgate while Luca went to the University of Missouri on an athletic scholarship.
For her studies, Alessia attended St. Simon Stock Catholic School. After that, she graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Alessia Russo’s football career
- Alessia first played for Bearsted Girls U10 as a child and played county schools football for Kent Schools FA.
- She started her career at Charlton Athletic’s Center of Excellence, then joined and managed Chelsea’s development team. His first senior game came with Chelsea in the FA WSL Continental Cup first round on 2 July 2016.
Brighton and Hove Albion
- Alessia Russo was promoted to WSL 2 side Brighton & Hove Albion ahead of the 2017 FA WSL Spring Series in January 2017. She made her senior debut on 5 February 2017 in the FA Cup against AFC Wimbledon.
- She scored her first-ever goal at WSL level in the team’s spring series opener, a 1–1 draw with the London Bees.
North Carolina Tar Heels
- Then she moved to the United States to play college football, joining the ACC North Carolina Tar Heels team in the fall of 2017. She appeared in 19 games, making 18 freshman starts and finished the season as the team’s top scorer with nine goals and two assists earning multiple accolades.
- In 2018, she faced injury and came back from injury to make a career-high 24 appearances and again led the team with 13 goals in 2019. In August 2020, she announced that she was forfeiting his final year of college eligibility amid uncertainty surrounding the season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Alessia signed a two-year contract with the option of a third year with Manchester United on September 10, 2020. She made her senior debut against Birmingham City on September 13. She missed the remainder of the 2020-21 season after tearing her hamstring during training.
- She led the team in goals with 11 goals in 30 appearances in all competitions during their 2021-22 season. During the January 2023 transfer window, with six months left on her contract, she was the subject of two world-record transfer offers from WSL rivals Arsenal. worth more than the £400,000 Barcelona paid for Keira Walsh in September 2022. Both were rejected.
Alessia Russo International Career
- Internationally, Alessia has represented England in the Under-15, Under-17 and Under-19, Under-20 and Under-21 national teams. She scored five goals against Croatia in a 13-0 2016 UEFA Women’s Under-17 Championship qualifying victory in October 2015.
- Likewise, she participated in the 2016 UEFA Women’s Under-17 Championship, participated in the 2016 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup and also participated in the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup. FIFA 2018.
- She was first called up to the England senior national team as part of the 2020 SheBelieves Cup squad on February 26, 2020. She made her senior international debut on March 11, 2020 against Spain.
- She scored her first international goal, a hat-trick in a 20-0 domestic win over Latvia in the 2023 World Cup qualifiers on 30 November 2021. Additionally, she was included in the England squad by Sarina Wiegman for the UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 in June 2022. Her goal against Sweden was awarded UEFA’s ‘Goal of the Tournament’ and was subsequently nominated for the 2022 FIFA Puskás Award.
- Manchester United Women on 10 September 2020 from Brighton & Hove Albion WFC
- Brighton & Hove Albion WFC from Chelsea
Awards and Achievements
North Carolina Tar Heels
- Atlantic Coast Conference Regular Season: 2018, 2019
- ACC Women’s Soccer Tournament: 2017, 2019
- NCAA Division I University Cup finalists: 2018, 2019
- UEFA Women’s Championship: 2022
- Arnold Clark Cup: 2022
- FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup third place: 2018
- UEFA Women’s Under-17 Championship third place: 2016
- UEFA Women’s Under-17 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2016
- UEFA Women’s Under-17 Championship top scorer: 2016
- Top scorer in UEFA Women’s Under-17 Championship qualifying: 2016
- ACC Freshman: 2017
- ACC Offensive Player of the Year: 2018
- United Soccer Coaches NCAA Division I All-America First Team: 2018, 2019
- FA Women’s Super League Player of the Month: March 2022
- FA Women’s Super League Goal of the Month: November 2021
- PFA Fans’ Player of the Month: November 2022
- Manchester United Women’s Player of the Year: 2021–22
- UEFA Women’s Championship Bronze Boot: 2022
- UEFA Women’s Championship Goal of the Tournament: 2022
- Liberty of the City of London (announced 1 August 2022)
Is Alessia Russo married?
Alessia Russo appears to be single while talking about her marital status. At present, she is single and she is not dating anyone at the moment. She seems to be a very introverted person and keeps a low profile when it comes to her personal life. She is completely focused on her career rather than spending her time in the relationship. She is happily enjoying her single life. She has not been seen with any man who could be considered her boyfriend.
Alessia Russo does not currently have any children. She has no plans to be a mother. She is building her professional career.
How much does Alessia Russo earn?
Alessia Russo is a professional footballer who plays for Manchester United and the England national team. Before joining the club, she played professionally for Chelsea FC and Brighton & Hove Albion FC Playing several teams, she earned a lot of money through contracts, bonuses, sponsorships etc. His main source of income comes from a football career.
As of 2023, Alessia Russo’s net worth would be between $1 million – $5 million. She could become the first footballer to be transferred for £1million, her former manager believes. Alessia earns approx. $500,000 of the current team for which she plays. She also has a car collection and she drives Kia Stonic. She leads a lavish life and she is satisfied with her income.
How tall is Alessia Russo?
Alessia Russo is a beautiful woman with an athletic body type. She has blonde hair color and her eye color is hazel blue. She has a healthy body at present. She frequently goes to the gym to get in shape and maintain her body.
Alessia has an athletic build with a standing height of 1.75m or 175cm or 5ft 9in. She has a body weight of 63 kg. She wears a size 10 US.
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- DeSantis 2024 campaign poster
- Li Nanxing (2021) Bio-Wiki, Age, Ex-Wife, Height, Net worth, Movies
- Abraham Williams Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Movies & Tulsi Gabbard
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac |
- West Seattle Blog… | GIVE: Red Nose Day brings smiles and support to Educare Seattle