Hawaii Police Department (HPD) officers responded to Waiakea High School this morning after receiving a call about an active shooter situation that ultimately turned out to be false.
On Monday, April 3, 2023, at 9:07 a.m., Central Dispatch received a call that there was a student on campus with a gun who had shot multiple students.
As officers were responding to the scene, Waiakea High School administration was contacted and reported that there was no active shooting event of which they were aware, and the call was determined to be a hoax .
Waiakea High School, Waiakea Intermediate and Waiakea Elementary have been quarantined as a precaution due to the potential severity of the call.
A few minutes after the police dispatch received the call, several resources intervened on the scene. After a systematic search of the school campus was completed and assurances that there were no threats, all schools and surrounding areas were reopened around 9:45 a.m.
The incident has been classified as a first degree terrorist threat case and is currently being investigated by the Area I Juvenile Support Section.
Police are asking anyone who may have information related to this investigation to contact the police department’s non-emergency line at (808) 935-3311 or Detective Gavin Kagimoto at (808) 961-2276.
#Active #shooter #hoax #call #Waiakea #High #School #Hilo #Hawaii
LutteCRW.com Similar Articles
- DeSantis 2024 campaign poster
- Li Nanxing (2021) Bio-Wiki, Age, Ex-Wife, Height, Net worth, Movies
- Abraham Williams Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Movies & Tulsi Gabbard
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac |
- West Seattle Blog… | GIVE: Red Nose Day brings smiles and support to Educare Seattle